Spring Growth
Apr 6- 12. 2015



Genie Images, photographers, San Antonio, Texas, equine photographers, portrait photographers
Shepherd's by San Antonio Texas Event Photographers Genie Images

I am the baby of a 4 child family; the oldest being 14 years older, then 12 years, then 7 years, and then me.  Basically, I am an "oops" and I am good with that.  The two oldest, my sister Gail and brother Gary, were grown and out of the house by the time I was 6 so we did not have a lot of bonding time.  As it turns out . . . that did not matter much because we are the best of friends now.

School started this last week and the weather had been crappy.  I had not shot much and bluebonnets were up all over town. Bluebonnets signify the time of year where South and Central Texas come to life.  It is the time of year that we pack our cars and camera's and head out to the country for those precious shots of the bright blue flowers that some call weeds.  We love them.  They mean so much to us Texans; spring, rebirth, new beginnings.

This is a special shot; smiling faces of my brother Gary, his wife Betsy, and their beloved Bella, within a Texas landscape.  My family has not been the same since the passing of our mother in 2013.  We are fragmented and still healing.  There are still pangs of sadness when we go to each other's houses and see a familiar object that often accompanies a loving story.  It is tough and we realize it.

It is true that time heals all.  We have grown in many ways and become better people all in all.  Our relationships have deepened and we understand that we are each other's family.  Not everyone has made the  leap into this new adulthood as orphans.  I continue to struggle with the understanding of the huge differences in those that were brought up under the same roof . . . but i suppose some were raised under shade and some in the sun.  I was lucky . . . I got the sun.

So, in this spring of 2015, it is my time to bloom.  I am still getting the sun and relishing in the life around me.  I love my new life as a photographer and everyday I peel back another layer to see the people in my life more simply.  I don't see the flaws they feel.  I don't feel the angst they carry.  I  just continue to push through the layers and keep the warm rays on my face and rejoice.

Jeanne Harford
San Antonio Photographer
San Antonio Equine Photographer
San Antonio Event Photographer
Texas Horse Show Photographer
Texas Event Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment