Magic at a Wedding 

Mar 9-15, 2015


Genie Images, photographers, San Antonio, Texas, wedding photographers, portrait photographers
Creel Wedding by San Antonio Texas Event Photographers Genie Images

What a wonderful wedding it was. 

Ashely Lasaster and Dan Creel got married at Red Corral Ranch in Wimberley, TX yesterday.  This was my first time to shoot professionally at a wedding and the stars aligned for this one.  It turned out to be one of the most amazing nights.

My long time friend, Arabian horse enthusiast, and photographer Bea Simmons hired me to be her second shooter for this wedding.  I knew it was going to be good when she said the client was an old riding student of mine; I would be amongst friends.  Bea is very accomplished and I knew she could guide me through the in's and out's of weddings and the big do's and don'ts!  This is one of the most special days in someone's life and the photog captures it all.  MUY IMPORTANTE!

Bea and I drove up to Wimberley and turned down the caliche road leading to the ranch and instantly knew this place was going to rock.  The sky was gorgeous, the temps were perfect, this outdoor wedding was going to go off with out a hitch (except of course for the folks getting hitched!).

Bea settled into bride mode and asked me to head off to take detail shots and random candids.  I wandered around, clicking away and got caught up in the beauty of this ranch.  There were stone cottages, creeks, lush landscapes, and PEACOCKS!  Peacocks were everywhere, at least 8 from my last count.  There were the standard beauties filled with amazing colors and then there where wedding white ones . . . simply amazing.  One particular male (the one in the image) was a very proud gentleman and absolutely fearless.  He courted his gal for awhile and when she became disinterested he turned to me.  He strutted over, shook his tail feathers, sprouted his fan, and did his dance for a good 5 minutes.  I was mesmerized!

But, time was ticking and it was wedding time.  Bea took the lead position and I headed for the top corner to catch what I could.  The guitar started to play, everyone stood up, and then . . . as if on cue, every peacock on the place started to call out.  It was like nature was presenting the bride!  It was harmonic and with definite intention that these majestic birds let the rest of the world know that another beautiful being was headed their way.  The crowd gasped, then smiled, and then gasped again as they saw the beautiful bride round the corner.  The calls of the peacocks, the setting Texas sun through the oaks, combined with the love and joy of 150 people made this one special moment that I will hold in the happy memory section of my brain.

Jeanne Harford
San Antonio Photographer
San Antonio Equine Photographer
San Antonio Event Photographer
Texas Horse Show Photographer
Texas Event Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment